SaaS in Cloud Computing
SaaS in cloud computing is probably the most popular model compared to other services. Like cloud computing as a whole, SaaS has its growth. It is still a growing industry. PR Newswire predicts that will attain a market size of $185.8 billion by 2024. It has a compound annual growth rate of 21.4%, according to the same source.
SaaS or Software as a Service is a cloud computing service model in which cloud services providers host applications. They would then deliver these apps to users through the Internet.
In this model, applications are virtualized so that users do not have to install them on their devices. Google Apps is a SaaS in cloud computing example. Another SaaS in cloud computing example is MailChimp.
To give you a further idea about SaaS in cloud computing, read on to see an overview of the service model. A comparison with other models and advantages will be tackled.
SaaS in Cloud Computing Compared with Other Models
SaaS in cloud computing is just one of the three main service models in the platform.
There are three main cloud computing service models. These models are Software as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Infrastructure as a Service. They are abbreviated as SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS respectively.
These three service models run on the same platform which is cloud computing. They are essentially the same, but they differ in the fields and purposes that they serve.
1. IaaS Cloud Computing. -Provide Strong Tag SaaS in cloud computing offer application services delivered through the Internet. These applications vary. One such SaaS in cloud computing example is the marketing platform HubSpot.
In IaaS, however, the services are also hosted by a service provider. These providers deliver these services to users through the Internet as well. But, in IaaS, the services offered concern Infrastructure. These include storage, servers, data centers, and networks that are virtualized in IaaS.
2. PaaS Cloud Computing.-Provide Strong Tag Like IaaS and SaaS in cloud computing, PaaS also offer services to users through the Internet. A cloud computing service provider also hosts it.
But, PaaS or Platform as a Service usually offers software tools as services. These software tools are usually used for application development. Windows Azure is one of the biggest PaaS providers today.
Benefits of SaaS in Cloud Computing
More people are now seeing Software as a Service as a better alternative to installing apps. More and more people have been using SaaS and it shows in the outstanding growth of the industry.
People now see that it is more advantageous to access apps through the Internet than install them. Read on to see the numerous benefits that SaaS offers to users.
1. SaaS in Cloud Computing Cost Less.-Provide Strong Tag SaaS in cloud computing is cost less for users than installed applications. This is because installed apps had to be bought in packages even if some features of it will not have any use for you. But, SaaS in cloud computing allows you to pay only for features that you use.
Installed apps would also make you pay for upgrades and maintenance. This task would be shouldered by the provider in a SaaS in a cloud computing setup.
2. SaaS in Cloud Computing is Accessible. -Provide Strong Tag SaaS in cloud computing is also more accessible than installed applications. This is because the apps offered through the Internet can be accessed on any device. All you need is a device and an Internet connection. Installed apps, though, can only be accessed using the same device that it is installed to.
3. SaaS in Cloud Computing is Scalable. -Provide Strong Tag Cloud computing is known to be a scalable platform. You can downscale or upscale cloud platforms to fit the conditions well. This allows for the creation of specific solutions for individual concerns of entities. The same is true for all cloud-based platforms. SaaS platforms are also the same as they are cloud-based platforms.
4. SaaS in Cloud Computing Can Easily Be Updated. -Provide Strong Tag SaaS in cloud computing is a platform hosted by providers and delivered through the Internet. And, since it is already on the Internet, it is much easier to upgrade. This is because the Internet delivers updates fast and efficient.
On the other hand, installed apps do not usually have immediate Internet access. So, updates are implemented on these platforms at a much slower pace.
Applications are tools that have a practical use for people in everyday life. Some of these apps will help you compose your ideas, while some to organize them. Some apps even help you present these ideas.
The application also has a big role in businesses today. Applications may have helped a lot of companies in their growth, albeit they are not credited for it.
Applications just became more efficient with their transcendence to SaaS in cloud computing. If you want to experience a whole new level of efficiency with cloud computing, you may contact ThinkIT Solutions. Call us at +1 (504) 455-5552. You may also send us an email at email@example.com.